Stalker Central


I decided to write this blog for my friends and family to be able to follow our adventures ...if you are reading this, you are officially a STALKER! HA! Welcome stalkers....





Friday, November 18, 2011

Things that make you say, "hmmmmm"

We have learned some things and made some changes to help Madeline and all of us get healthier.  I wanted to share some of the basic things we have learned and changed in hopes that this information might help someone else.

Dehydration is responsible for 60 to 80% of the health issues people have today.  We started drinking a glass of water before every meal.  The rule of thumb should be that you should drink at least half of your body weight (in ounces) every single day.  It is hard, but it works.  My heartburn is virtually gone.

Refined salt can make you sick - arthritis, peptic ulcers, asthma...Unrefined salt can lower blood pressure, prevent diabetes, cancer.  We started using Himalayan unrefined sea salt.  We drink a big glass of water first then we take about a half of a teaspoon of salt and wash it down with a few sips of water.  Again, this coupled with the increased water intake has virtually cured my excessive heartburn.

The high amounts of sugar consumed today is toxic and creates high oxidative stress.  The diet sweetener, aspartame, makes you gain weight, produces methyl alcohol, & a host of health problems.  75% of complaints to the FDA are concerning aspartame.  The Gulf War Syndrome is thought to have been caused by our soldiers drinking diet sodas containing aspartame that had been sitting out in the sun.  We are trying to eat better....we are slowly taking refined sugar and processed foods out of our diets...but we are taking baby steps here.  It won't happen overnight, but every small step we make is a step towards better health.

1Tbsp of raw honey before bed helps the liver detoxify while you sleep.  We have been taking the teaspoon right before bedtime with a big glass of water.

Low protein diets increase the toxicity of xenobiotics (toxins).  Proteins provides the amino acids which are the building blocks for body growth and repair.  Different body types need different protein sources. We are in the process of determining our metabolic type to try and help Madeline determine which proteins are better for her.  She has hypoglycemia and ate mostly empty carbs so we have been experimenting with different foods to help keep her from crashing in between meals.  So far we have found that Babybel cheese seems to work very well...they are like little protein pucks! 
Coconut oil has gotten a bad rap as a saturated fat.  Saturated fats do not increase cholesterol, but polyunsaturated fats do.  Coconut oil promotes a decrease of white fat stores, improves brain function and improves immune system functioning,  We have been cooking and frying using coconut oil for a few weeks now and it is fabulous.  Eating foods fried in coconut oil makes them far less heavy.  We really enjoy this change.  I think it is more readily available here than the U.S., but I did buy it in the the States before...I think GNC is where I bought it.
New airport scanners emit cell destroying radiation.  They never were subjected to any critical evaluation as is medical equipment.  We will be opting out of scanners from here on out...what's a little pat down compared to the increased risk of cancer, infertility, etc. that the scanners have.  We also will not be doing any more vaccinations.  I have done more and more research on this and am convinced that they do more harm than good.  Laugh if you want, but first do your homework...read BOTH sides and make an informed decision for yourself.  Five years of having an annual flu vaccination increases your risk of Alzheimer's by 10-fold.
These are just a few of the changes we are making.  They are easy and so far we have seen a marked difference in the way wee feel.  We are also using different energy treatments such as a laser, cell stimulators, frequencies, etc. to try and help Maddie's body heal itself.  Because of her diet being so poor for so long (as most teenagers diets are), when she was exposed to a virus like Epstein-Barr her body just didn't have the reserves to fight it off.  She was hit hard and it has been a long 10 weeks of illness and fatigue.  We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  What we have learned is that you have to take ownership of your own health.  You have to do your research and make a conscious decision to eat better. 
Take this with a grain of salt (unrefined, of course) and do your own research.  Hopefully this might be able to help someone else who finds themselve in a pit like we were.

4 comments:

  1. So, if I weigh 100 lbs (wishful), I'm supposed to drink 50 lbs of water every day? ! I think you mean ounces, yes? You can actually die from over-hydration, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously it means ounces...I knew that the people reading this blog were smart enough to figure that out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're finding things that help you guys, especially Madeline!
    I don't agree with the vaccination part, but everything else makes sense to me...I'll have to give those ideas a try. I had H1N1 when we first moved to Bahrain, and I've gotten the flu vaccine every year since then. It was AWFUL. I can see how people can die from the complications. It hurt to breathe for weeks, so I can't imagine how it would affect a small child, elderly person, or an asthmatic. Also, if moms today stop vaccinating their children, diseases like polio and smallpox will come back with a vengeance and kill so many people. I do think, however, that it's wise to space out vaccinations for kids instead of giving so many at one office visit like most pediatricians do. I like what Dr. Sears has to say on vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete