Janie was sick Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. She only started getting out of bed last night. We ate at Macaroni Grill one night the first week we were here and Janie got a bit sick. Well, two weeks later Janie had conviced herself that it was just a coincidence.....sooooo the three of us at at Macaroni Grill again. Turns out, it might have been the Macaroni Grill. Poor Janie threw up all night for two nights and missed two days of school. When she wasn't throwing up she was sleeping...I am convinced she has lost 15 pounds since her "illness."
Thursday morning the realtor, Philip, came and picked us up early to go furniture shopping for the new villa. We got to the furniture store and the salesman had our list of items we needed and a budget for every single item. We had to buy furniture for 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 livingrooms, a kitchen, and an office....what should have been fun was just daunting. We only had three hours because the stores close early in the daytime for Ramadan. It started out fun picking the couch which we quickly agreed on...the one drawback is that that particular couch is made by local craftsman and it won't be ready until two weeks after Ramadan. By the time we ended I was just basically pointing and picking. We had to pick rugs and wall art and TV consoles....Ugh. I am not sure that everything matches or that we even got everything we needed. I do know that we ran out of time and we have to go back and pick out the curtains for them to make. There are just walls of fabric and the communication is difficult due to the language barrier. For better or worse we have most of the stuff we need. We are going to buy stuff on our own to fill in the blanks.
Late Thursday night Janie started to feel a little better and wanted to get out of the house so the four of us went out to eat at The Hard Rock Cafe. She didn't eat much, but it was nice. We then decided to indulge their dad and go shopping at the Seef Mall. Almost every night since we have been here we have gone shopping. I am SHOPPED OUT. I have no desire to go shopping, but there really isn't anything else to do. The movies in the theaters are old and the girls have seen them and the indoor waterpark is closed until Eid. We walked every single inch of that mall and even realized that we missed an entire wing!

Today John and I got up and went to the villa again...I had to drive because I have been having trouble finding my way. Turns out it is the easiest thing ever to navigate to! Then we went to 5 different grocery stores (post on that to come) and got the girls and went to eat and shopping (big surprise!).
The shipping company is delivering our shipment to the villa at 8:00 a.m. so it is off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment