It's the second day of school today...well, I guess you could say it is the first since yesterday was only for 4 hours. The girls have A days and Bdays....very confusing if you ask me. On A days you go to your first four classes on your schedule and on B days you go to the last four classes on your schedule. Sounds easy, but they alternate so Sundays aren't always A days and Mondays aren't always B days...and so on.
Madeline was really nervous, but she really liked it and made friends very easily. Janie wasn't nervous and she wasn't too impressed. She commented how the kids were really loud, obnoxious, and very disrespectful to the teachers. I feel certain that they will both do fine. I am feeling particularly guilty this week as I read everyone's posts from home about Friday night football games.....*sigh*
Taking them to school during Ramadan is easy....getting home was a little more difficult as the traffic on the road in front of their school is ridiculous! It took me probably 20 minutes to go a mile. People just pull out in traffic and block the road. One arab woman in an Escalade decided she was going to make the road a two lane and started eeking up next to me and trying to force me to move over, but I wasn't going to let her in because I saw her come from the back of the line! Patience is a virtue....and I was very patiently eeking up until we got to the car parked in the lane she was in and it forced her to stop and no one would let her in so she ended up in the back of the line....WHERE SHE RIGHTLY BELONGED! LOL!
I know I am supposed to be doing something spectacular today while they are at school like exploring the island or shopping, but I didn't go to sleep until 1:30 a.m. thanks to that STUPID Euro washer/dryer! UGH! Maddie had a shirt she needed and Janie had a pair of jeans she needed for school. UGH....JEANS....the dance I have to do with this stupid machine to get a pair of jeans washed and dried! When Madeline's load finished at 1:00 a.m. I put Janie's jeans in there. I fell asleep and was awakened by the machine stopping (unbelievable as it is two rooms away). I ran in there at 1:30 and re-started the drying cycle....I woke up at 3:00 a.m. panicked that they weren't done....and again at 5:45 to make sure that they were done....I am sending their jeans out to be cleaned...it may not be cheaper, but it is definitely more efficient!!!
I am sure that there will be more posting today as I am in a particularly strange mood....
No comments:
Post a Comment