We were put in temporary housing for 30 days and given a rental car until we can purchase one. The temporary housing is a three bedroom high-rise apartment that is very nice. Tile floors 3.5 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining area, some other room that I have no idea what it is used for...very nice and a bit bigger than our house at home....I would guess around 2500 SqFt...
So John left for Saudi Arabia on Saturday morning at 5:00 a.m...which was about four or so days after we got to Bahrain. Things are going well. The girls are settling in...kind of making the apartment our own, etc. On Wednesday morning I was awakened with a loud click when the lamp next to my bed suddenly popped on and the AC came back on...that entire morning the electricity came off and on...since we had previously had a problem with one of our electricity in our apt. we thought it might just us. It wasn't. Apparently they were having some short in the electricity so that when the AC came on for the building it would trip the lights. Ugh...we were informed that we needed to go and stay at a sister residence across the street and that they had arranged a room for us there. The room over at the new place wasn't as big or as nice, but we thought it was for only one night so we brought a change of clothing and made due.
Flash forward FOUR days and we are still living in the temporary housing of the temporary housing. We had to go and get stuff from our apartment because we were out of clothes, had no shampoo, no water, no food, no detergent. The girls were starting to get on each others nerves because it was much smaller. That was a bad day. I cried all day and wanted to go home. I was hot, I was displaced, I missed my family, and my husband still wasn't able to come home for a visit. The cable over there wasn't as good...nothing worked right and we had to get people up to fix or replace the DVD and cable, etc.
Finally after four days we were allowed to move all of our stuff back. Did I mention it is HOT here! Sooooo for a second time in the 108 degree weather we schlepp all of our stuff BACK over to our original temporary housing. We are all settling in....again.
No comments:
Post a Comment