Alison got married March 10th. It was a very fun, happy, drama-free wedding. Many of my friends from Saudi Arabia came to help celebrate and I couldn't have been more excited. I was so thankful for my Saudi Sistas that showed up early in the week to help me get ready. They were invaluable as were my two sisters! It was an amazing week of reunions!
Alison and Luke said it was exactly what they wanted for their wedding and that makes me happy. It seemed to have gone off without a hitch (or at least any fatal ones anyhow). I loved catching up as much as I could with everyone. It was such a whirlwind that I can barely remember it all. Now I know why some cultures make their wedding last DAYS. My advice to anyone getting ready to have a wedding....take it all in. Stop and enjoy. Hire someone else to put out fires so that you can enjoy yourself. We had an AMAZING "day of" coordinator provided by the venue, but there were still some issues that she couldn't solve.
I was missing two of my siblings and my dad. If they been there that would have made it all the more perfect. So many friends and family drove so far to help us celebrate and for that, we are so grateful!
After the wedding, Luke and Alison spent a week in Cancun while John and I spent our last week in the United States babysitting their dog, Tucker. Poor Tucker missed his parents. The night before we left we spent the night at Alison and Luke's house with Janie and her dog. In the middle of the night Janie woke up to find Tucker lying on the bathroom floor crying. It was so sad.
In April, Madeline graduated from college, so John and I flew from Saudi to Pittsburgh to be there to see her walk across the stage. It was freezing in Pittsburgh and we were totally unprepared for that weather. We flew in and got spend 5 glorious days with Madeline...and her besties. It was amazing and she is so much fun to be around. We could not be prouder of her. She finished school in three years without having one hour of college credit when she started. She worked so hard, trained so hard, and played so hard in her three years. In keeping with Madeline's personality, she had no idea that she graduated with honors. I asked her several times and she said that she was not graduating with honors...
Notice the closed captioning in the picture....yeahhhh. She graduated cum laude. No chords. No fanfare. She just gave us a shoulder shrug. God love that girl.
Madeline will be working in Pittsburgh this summer and is planning to move to New York City in September to continue her acting career.
So next up is Janie. She totally rocked Texas A&M this semester! She got a 3.6 this semester!! We are so proud of her. She has student teaching this fall semester and then she graduates in December! Like I said before...Big year for the Watkins Family!
I seriously am so in love with these three girls. They are so amazing and I miss being with them every day. I will be leaving for Texas at the end of May and will be in the States until August. I am going to try and visit with as many people as I possibly can this summer.
John and I will be living in Saudi Arabia for the foreseeable future. Our tentative repatriation date is June 2022, but one never knows...















No comments:
Post a Comment