Stalker Central


I decided to write this blog for my friends and family to be able to follow our adventures ...if you are reading this, you are officially a STALKER! HA! Welcome stalkers....





Saturday, May 17, 2014

Belated Spring Break Post...

It has been so long since I posted!  I have jet lag so I decided to spend my time wisely and update the blog...lol

Because none of the girls spring breaks are ever at the same time, we have spring break with Madeline solo every year.  This year she had a trip to Ireland with an acting/writing group from school planned in the middle of her spring break so it was difficult to plan a trip.  We decided that she would fly to Bahrain and we would stay there for a week before she was off to Ireland.  She had not gotten to see her Bestie, Iman in almost two years so she was excited.

We had planned to be in Bahrain the Friday before Maddie got there on Saturday until the entire plant shut down on Thursday.  John informed me that he wasn't going to be able to come with me and maybe not even at all.  I was a bit upset...needless to say.  But I decided to make the best of my night alone and schedule a massage.  Around 5:30 p.m., John called me to tell me I needed to pick him up ON the causeway.  It was surreal.  I have been across the causeway a hundred times, but I have never driven across it.  You should have seen the tollbooth guy when I paid the toll...he did a complete double take.  It was funny.  Because women can't drive in Saudi, obviously I could only drive up to the Saudi side.  I picked up my hubs and the weekend started.  The only problem was that every single day started with the same understanding that he had to leave that night to get back to the plant.  Every day he made plans to go back and every evening he got to cancel it because they weren't ready to start up.


Madeline flew in late Saturday night.  No matter how many times they fly solo overseas I always have a major panic attack.  It never gets easier.
I know that is a horrible picture, but it is all I have.

We had the best week.  She spent a few days at the school and hanging with Iman.  We went prom dress shopping, she got her hair done, and basically hit all of our old haunts.







The week went by way too fast.  She hopped a plane late Thursday night for Ireland to meet up with her group.  I get to pick her up from boarding school in NY in three short weeks and I am so excited!  I have not seen her since March 20th!  

After she left, we got to spend a day together before we had to go back to Saudi.  We visited the Tree of Life and the Grand Mosque...two things we never did when we lived there.


It was a nice vacation just a few hours from home in our favorite country.  

Maddie had a great week in Ireland writing and collaborating with the group in Ireland.  If you're interested in knowing more about their project here is the link to their site:  http://tower.mastersny.org/category/blogs/the-ireland-project/

Because there were three days left of spring break when the Ireland trip ended, Maddie flew to Washington D.C. to stay with some friends we met in Bahrain, The Buntings!  We love the Buntings and we are so thankful that they allowed Madeline to come and stay with them.  Sometimes boarding school logisitics are really difficult and it is great to have people in our lives that will help us out.  Maddie texted me several times while in D.C. saying that she didn't want to leave.  I suspected that would happen.  They an amazing family.  We love them and are so thankful for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment